It came at exactly the right time. I've been in a reading slump for a while and THIS is the book I needed. It had everything I LOVE about a book:
1. Male POV. (You guys know I'm partial to boy POV books)
2. Love. The real kind that you know is a part of the heart.
3. REAL relationships.
4. A narrator who becomes so real and close to you, that it's like you spent the few hours it took to read the book, living inside their skin.
5. Authentic teen POV (or at last IMO)
6. Friendships. This is a HUGE one for me. I am a big fan of real, true, loyal, honest friendships in books. It's not always perfect and people make mistakes, but you know they would do anything for one another. That as Sebastian or Jaden would say, they have each other's backs. The friendships are layered and raw and oh so special. You guys also know that's one of my favorite things to write--those kind of friendships. I wish more books had them. The relationship between Colby, Alexa, Bev and Meg was one of my favorite parts about the book. The second was Colby. Loved him. Full of sweetness and honesty and like it's mentioned in the book, he FEELS so much.
7. Language. I'm a lover of language. I have a short list of authors who are my "word heroes". I love it when I end up highlighting paragraphs at a time on my Kindle. I love it when I HAVE to share a quote and it shows up on Facebook and Twitter. That happened with this book.
8. An honest, true-to-life ending.
9. I was left feeling happy and HOPEFUL with a huge smile on my face that probably looked rather silly as I laid in bed, in the dark. LOL.
Sigh. If you couldn't tell, I loved it. So glad I finally got to read it. You guys should check it out. It's special.